The AZA logo is the sole and exclusive property of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). The logo may be used only by AZA members in good standing and if and only if such use is made pursuant to the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. Any failure by a user to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in the immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by AZA. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by AZA in its sole discretion.
Who can use the AZA logo?
Members in good standing in the following categories may use the logo on their printed materials and on their Web sites.
- AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums;
- Certified Related Facilities;
- Commercial Members;
- Conservation Partners;
- Conservation and Science programs such as TAGs, SSPs, PMPs, Studbooks, CAPs, and SAGs.
How can the AZA logo be used?
The logo may be used in a professional manner on the user's business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, or web site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the logo may NOT be used in any of the following ways:
- on any product;
- in any manner that, in the sole discretion of AZA discredits AZA or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill;
- is false or misleading;
- violates the rights of others;
- violates any law, regulations, or other public policy;
- mischaracterizes the relationship between AZA and the user, including but not limited to any use of the logo that might be reasonably construed as an endorsement, approval, sponsorship, or certification by AZA of the user, the user's business or organization, or the user's products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the user's products or services.
The Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors are Warm Gray 8 and 7416C.
Rules for Using the Logo
Please observe all of the following rules when using the logo:
- Use only the approved digital artwork. Never re-typeset the logo.
- Never reproduce the logo in colors other than the approved PMS colors, Warm Gray 8 and 7416C.
- Never outline the logo.
- Never distort the logo. Always scale it proportionately.
- Never place any graphic devices around the logo (such as a holding box) that could be interpreted as part of the logo.
- Never place the logo on a color background without sufficient contrast.
- Never place the positive version of the logo on a dark background.
- Never place the logo on a cluttered background. Make sure that the background ensures good legibility. The preferred background color for the full-color logo is white.
- Never reproduce the signature logo smaller than .75" in width.
- Never allow any distracting graphic elements or type to clutter the clear space of the logo which is equal to the height of "A".
Licensing the AZA logo
Commercial members of AZA interested in pursuing a licensing agreement that would authorize use of the logo on products should contact Jill Nicoll or call 301-562-0777, x242.
Where to get the logo
Download AZA Logos.
Use of the logo shall create no rights for users in or to the logo or their use beyond the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. The logo shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of AZA. AZA shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the logo from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions.
Without further notice, AZA reserves the right to prohibit use of the logo if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a user's logo usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license, otherwise could discredit AZA or tarnish its reputation and goodwill, or the user is not an AZA member in good standing.
Any questions concerning use of the logo or the terms and conditions of this license should be directed to Kris Vehrs.