AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Mammals II Animal Care Specialist perform a variety of tasks related to the handling and care of animals and their environments. The work requires an amount of independent action with less immediate supervision given after experience is acquired.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and occasional after-hour assignments.
• Ability to work safely around delicate, wild, and dangerous animals.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Able to communicate in English.
• Able to safely operate light motor vehicles.
• Valid driver's license.
• Have basic computer knowledge and skills.
• Associate degree in wildlife management, zoology, biology, or related field preferred.
• One-year zoo keeping experience.
• Elephant experience in protected contact management preferred.
Full-time position with excellent benefits
Please visit our website to apply: www.sazoo.org/jobs
San Antonio Zoo3903 N. St. Mary's StreetSan Antonio, TX 78212Phone: 210-734-7184Fax: 210-734-7291
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.