AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Responsible for the development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure the safety of all Aquarium-related diving operations. Manage the Aquarium’s dive program, including, but not limited to: supervising, evaluating, and scheduling all aquarium dives with staff and volunteers.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Maintain a strong knowledge base on diving industry standards, diving physiology, equipment, and techniques in order to ensure the Aquarium’s compliance with all relevant safety standards.
Perform swim tests and scuba skills assessments.
Develop and maintain relations with scuba dealerships and manufacturers, and attend necessary tradeshows and trainings.
· Ensure all staff divers remain in compliance with diving requirements, including ensuring all necessary certifications are maintained.
· Maintain and keep current the Dive Safety Manual.
· Coordinate weekly scheduling of all Aquarium dive activities.
· Coordinate training of all new divers and volunteers on staff.
· Coordinate re-certification of First Aid and CPR classes.
· Coordinate communication among the volunteer and staff dive team.
· Maintain upkeep and inventory of dive gear and equipment.
· Ensure proper maintenance and repair of equipment used for routine dives (experience as Certified Repair Technician preferred).
· Maintain all record keeping requirements.
· Conduct emergency water extraction training drills.
· Chair the Dive Safety Board.
· Active member of Aquarium’s Safety Committee
· Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements: Must be willing to consistently provide guest service above and beyond expectation.
• SCUBA Instructor Certification required.
• First Aid, CPR/AED, and, Oxygen First Aid Instructor required.
• Bachelor's degree in biology or related field preferred.
• Two years’ experience in dive training, preferably in an aquarium or zoo.
• Certification and experience in equipment repair preferred.
• Must possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
• Multilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
Sea Research Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Mystic Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage the applications of women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Please visit our website and/or click here to apply: http://www.mysticaquarium.org/about/employment
Mystic Aquarium55 Coogan BlvdMystic, CT 06355Phone: 860-572-5955Fax: 860-572-5991
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.