AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
• A PhD from an accredited college or university is required.
• Experience in museum or zoo evaluation is required.
• Established record (published or internal) of evaluation and/or research work in the area of informal education with an emphasis on science education, visitor studies and/or conservation education.
• Knowledge of diverse research and evaluation methods appropriate for the field of informal learning, including both established methodologies and unique approaches to measuring outcomes and impact.
• Experience writing and managing federally funded grants and initiatives is desirable.
• Experience working with an Institutional Review Board.
• Excellent project management skills with strong ability to successfully manage several large initiatives simultaneously.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
• Comfort with computer-based data management and analysis platforms (for example: SPSS, R, Dedoose, Survey Gizmo.)
• Working knowledge of Mac and PCs, using word processing, spread sheet and database software.
• Comfort with change, innovation, and unique approaches to educational research methods and programming.
• Comfort with approaching members of the public for data collection purposes.
• Ability to interact courteously and respectfully with supervisors, fellow employees, volunteers, zoo visitors and general public.
Please apply for this position at http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers
Wildlife Conservation Society2300 Southern BlvdBronx, NY 10460
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.