AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Downtown Aquarium’s internship program is designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a dynamic educational experience. The Horticulture internship position is available for the summer semester only. The chosen candidate will assist with the maintenance and improvement of the landscaped areas on the property, care for the tropical plants indoors in the exhibits, and learn about animal and fish husbandry as it relates to plant-animal interactions, plant toxicity, and use of organics. This is a great way for someone to become acquainted with the exciting and unique world of Zoological Horticulture.
• Knowledge of landscape maintenance practices, including basic weed and plant identification, safe and proper use of tools, proper planting and pruning techniques.
• Ability to work a 4+ hour shift, 3-4 days a week.
• Be capable of the physical abilities required to work in the outdoors. This includes being able to lift 50+ lbs., climbing, kneeling, and working in any weather condition.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Display a willingness to learn and strong attention to detail.
• The Downtown Aquarium accepts only 1 Horticulture intern per year. Internships will be a full semester with a preferred commitment of 20-32 hours per week (16 hour minimum) work schedule. The total number of hours worked may be dictated by your credit requirements. You may need to devote time beyond on-site work hours for completion of the Independent Project.
• The intern will develop an Independent Project under the guidance of a supervisor. Topics will be chosen based on area of interest balanced with Aquarium needs. Once the topic of interest is defined, the intern will develop the project, write a project report and give an oral presentation to aquarium staff.
Send a cover letter, resume and 2 letters of recommendation to Jhutchings@Ldry.com by April 5th.
Downtown Aquarium700 Water StDenver, CO 80211
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.