AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Ready to be part of the team that makes the horticulture of the Palm Beach Zoo first class! We have an exciting challenge for someone to develop, manage and implement a Horticulture Plan for our 24 acre zoological park while managing the crew who keeps the horticulture looking great! This position is perfect for someone who enjoys a balance of hands on horticulture work, managing people, and managing the office side of a horticulture operation. If this is you, we want to talk to you!!
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bachelor's degree in horticulture or a similar landscape field preferred. An Associate’s degree or other training combined with experience working under a degreed Horticulturist will also be considered.
• Two years professional level experience in horticulture or landscape management, plus two years of supervisory responsibilities. A six-year combination of specified education and experience may qualify
• Knowledge of plant identification, growth and culture, propagation skills, composting operations, forestry, tree protection, irrigation principles and pest management
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with advanced level skills in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
• Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees and guests
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions, be flexible, self-motivated and a team player with good observational skills
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs
• Typical Schedule will be M-F, but must be able to work holidays and weekends for special events and projects.
• Must be able to actively work in inclement weather
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Based on experience.
• Excellent Benefits including paid holidays and paid vacation time, company paid health insurance for employee, retirement savings contributions, etc.
How To Apply:
• Submit Resume with Cover Letter and References to email@example.com by 3/20/17
Palm Beach Zoo1301 Summit Blvd West Palm Beach , FL 33405Phone: 5615330887Fax: 5615856085
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.