AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo cares for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120 acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong, and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic and progressive leader to join the Maintenance team to maintain the Zoo’s plumbing, water and storm drain systems. The ideal candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels and possess excellent communication and organizational skills to function effectively in a team environment.
The Plumber installs, maintains, and repairs water, gas, sanitary, and storm drain equipment/systems; installs fixtures and equipment requiring water and/or drainage. This position maintains proper operations and safety of water, gas, sanitary, and drainage equipment/systems of the Zoo’s facilities and exhibits to ensure the safety of animals, staff, and the public. This position has the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform all operational requirements in the assigned area responsibilities as directed by the Assistant Maintenance Manager.
· Performs repairs to domestic water supply and distribution systems.
· Installs and performs repairs on plumbing, sanitary and storm drain fixtures and systems.
· Operates and maintains water well system for consumption by Zoo guests and animals.
· Maintains water features within animal exhibits (e.g. proper chemical balance).
· Installs and maintains food service equipment.
· Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety in the workplace through staff training and implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
· Cleans and cares for all tools and equipment needed for job assignments.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 4 years of experience contracting level plumbing/pipefitting work.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Completion of a recognized plumbing/pipefitting apprenticeship program.
· Must possess a valid contractor’s Plumbing and Gas Fitting License from both the State of Oklahoma and the City of Oklahoma City and a Class D Water Plant Operator’s License.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job description.
· Ability to pass annual TB tests.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Loretta Canon, Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email Humanresources@okczoo.org.
The Oklahoma City Zoo has a Smoke-Free Environment, is a Drug-Free Workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Loretta Canon, Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email Humanresources@okczoo.org.
Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical GardenOklahoma City, OK 73111
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.