AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
As a Zoo intern in our mammal department, you will not be observing others perform their duties; you will be put to work as a Zoo Keeper! Working side-by-side with an on-staff mammal keeper, you will get the opportunity to learn all aspects of what it takes to run a successful Zoo, from providing top quality basic animal care to top notch guest experiences and customer service.
Responsibilities can include:
Please note that this is not meant to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and that the requirements of the internship are subject to change as required.
Health and Safety:
This internship can be physically demanding. Consider these factors when applying:
Internships may require working a Saturday, Sunday or holiday. Minimum of 24 hours to maximum of 40 hours a week is expected. Summer internships will begin May 15th and conclude August 18, 2017.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate required
• Candidates pursuing an accredited degree in animal care, zoology or related field strongly preferred
• Relevant experience with animals is beneficial
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions, have strong communication skills and be self-motivated is highly desired.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as individually
• Willingness to get wet & dirty
• Good public speaking skills
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, proof of a negative TB test within the past year (at intern’s expense), drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid Internship
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.