AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
We are looking for an organized individual with experience in both informal or formal education and animal husbandry. This education department position seeks an individual that can adapt to different teaching environments and assist in the daily husbandry of a variety of species (mammals, aves, invertebrates, reptiles and amphibians).
Description of Duties:
Other functions and responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
• Possess a BA or BS. Additional graduate work in the field of education, biology or environmental education preferred
• Teaching experience (informal or formal).
• Have job related experience, such as working in a nonprofit organization, zoo, aquarium or other informal education facility
• Knowledge and experience with animal husbandry; particularly tractable program animals
• Successful completion of a background check.
• Ability to work outdoors under various weather conditions.
• Valid state driver’s license.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds.
Full time, 35 hour a week position including weekends. Salary will commensurate with experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Education, Staten Island Zoo
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
Staten island Zoo614 BroadwayStaten Island, NY 10309Phone: 718-442-3100Fax: www.statenislandzoo.org
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.