AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens (JZG) invites applicants for a conservation internship in the Zoo’s busy conservation department.
The Conservation Department manages and distributes funding for the conservation organizations that the Zoo supports. The internship will also be split with the Okapi Conservation Project (OCP). This internship will offer opportunities to become immersed in what it takes to help run a field conservation project in addition to learning how to run a granting organization.
Responsibilities can include:
Interns will assist the Conservation Program Officer with the following:
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the following:
• In-situ conservation (in the wild)
• Ex-situ conservation (in human care)
• Conservation messaging to general audiences
• International wildlife conservation organizations
• Conservation marketing, social media and fundraising
• Strong passion for wildlife conservation
• Major in biology or animal sciences with a heavy emphasis on writing
• Excellent writing/editing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
• Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
• Flexibility and a good sense of humor
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong command of Microsoft Office
• Good research ability and command of the Internet
• *If receiving school credit, it’s the responsibility of the students to arrange for the credit
Must be able to start the week of May 22. End date is flexible based on university internship requirements, and mutually agreed-upon work schedule.
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid Internship
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.