AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Join this fast-paced department and take part in aspects of planning, implementation and daily operation of the summer portion of the 2017 ZooTeens! program. Help train and guide our ZooTeen! volunteers between the ages of 13 and 18 with their tasks of summer camp counseling and conservation education. You will gain leadership and organizational skills, learn about non-profit management, and have fun, too!
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter looking to increase the profile of service and volunteerism benefiting the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
This position will report to the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and will be an active participant in a dynamic team who work to connect the community of North Florida with service opportunities benefiting the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens and the environment.
Responsibilities can include:
Interns work 24-40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks. Positions are experience-based and are therefore unpaid. Dates of internship will be June 5 – August 12, 2017.
• A high school graduate or an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in biological sciences, human services, education, business administration, non-profit management or a related field preferred
• Interest in the non-profit sector, especially volunteerism or hospitality management
• Enthusiasm and patience in working with teenage volunteers; ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
• Knowledge of various computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
• Ability to lift objects up to 40 lbs., work in a variety of weather conditions and stand/walk for long periods of time is preferred
• Basic working knowledge of internet social networking tools
• Occasional evenings and weekends required
• Additional preferred abilities: strong communicator (written & verbal), creative thinker, analytical/strategic thinker, strong writer, proficient editor, familiarity with the Jacksonville/North Florida community
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, proof of a negative TB test within the past year (at intern’s expense), drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.