AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens invites applicants for a social media internship in the Zoo’s busy marketing department. The marketing department handles the Zoo’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter sites promoting the Zoo’s events, conservation messaging and generally promoting the Zoo.
Responsibilities can include:
Interns will assist the Marketing and Social Media Specialist with the following:
• Major in public relations, journalism, communication, marketing, or related field
• Excellent writing/editing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
• Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
• Flexibility and a good sense of humor
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Desktop publishing, HTML, and related computer skills. Would be particularly interested in a candidate with graphic design skills.
• Good research ability and command of the Internet
• Public relations experience or abilities
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, proof of a negative TB test within the past year (at intern’s expense), drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships. Application deadline is April 30, 2017.
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.