AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The marketing department helps carry out the vision of the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens to “inspire discovery and appreciation of the Earth’s wildlife through innovative experiences in a caring environment.”
Through special events, the marketing department supports the mission to foster understanding of the interaction of people, wildlife, and their environment by:
Responsibilities can include:
Assist with successful planning and implementation of assigned special events, from start to completion; including budget and documentation tracking; assist with scheduling activities, vendors, entertainment, and all relevant details associated with assigned event.
• Minimum commitment of 24 hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
• Spring (Feb-Apr or Mar-May)
• Summer (June–August)
• Currently, enrolled in an accredited college or university limited to college or mastery level students with an interest in event planning, project management, marketing, and/or communication.
• Preferred degrees are marketing, event planning, or management; other degrees will be considered.
• Two years of experience with events or project management desired.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion for event planning and coordination.
• This position requires considerable flexibility and patience. Candidates must also be able to work well both independently and cooperatively in a positive, team oriented environment. Candidates must be comfortable around large crowds of people.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain, cold, and dust.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to bend and kneel.
• Able to lift 40 pounds without difficulty.
• Ability to traverse zoo grounds and operate a motorized cart to conduct event related tasks.
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, proof of a negative TB test within the past year (at intern’s expense), drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships. Application deadline is April 30, 2017.
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.