AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The vision of the Jacksonville Zoo and Garden’s Education Department is to inspire everyone within our reach to take positive action to protect wildlife and wild places.
Our Mission is to:
In support of our mission, the Education Department develops implements and evaluates programs suitable for a variety of audiences. Every program features up-close and hands-on encounters with a collection of small animals in both formal and informal settings.
The PepsiCo Foundation Education Campus features four climate-controlled classrooms, large auditorium, and public restrooms located very close to the picnic area in the south parking area, conveniently located near bus parking.
Responsibilities can include:
• Minimum commitment of 24 hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
o Spring (Mar-May or Apr-June)
o Summer (June 8th – August 14th)
• Summer – requires camp training
• Currently, enrolled in an accredited college or university limited to college or mastery level students with an interest in early childhood development, recreation or education.
• Preferred degrees are early childhood education, elementary education, or recreation; other degrees will be considered.
• Two years experience working with children and live animals desired.
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion for children.
• This position requires considerable flexibility and patience. Candidates must also be able to work well both independently and cooperatively in a positive, team oriented environment.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain, cold, and dust.
If selected for an internship candidates must adhere to reference checks, level 2 background fingerprints, proof of a negative tb test within the past year (at intern’s expense), drug screen and pay the $50 intern fee (this fee covers your fingerprints and drug screen). A current tetanus vaccine is recommended.
N/A - Unpaid
Visit our website: www.jacksonvillezoo.org/unpaidinternships. Application deadline is April 30, 2017.
Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens370 Zoo ParkwayJacksonville, FL 32218Phone: 904-757-4463
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.