AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Maryland Zoo
General Summary: The Staff Accountant works directly with the controller in support of the Finance Department functions. The Staff Accountant will assist with monthly financial close, preparation of financial statements and analytical reports, review, cash room, processing of accounts payable, budget preparation, tracking of Grants, and other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
Communication (Internal and External):
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
• Friendly and outgoing;
• Possess a positive and patient attitude; and,
• Possess excellent verbal communication skills as well as writing and math skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages).
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting.
• Minimum of three years of accounting experience with familiarity of the general ledger system;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word and Navision accounting software and,
• Experience with bank reconciliations, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and account analyses.
• Ability to work independently in a team setting;
• Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds;
• Flexibility to multi-task, handle high volume and meet critical deadlines in a customer oriented environment;
• Math proficiency for data analysis and preparation
• Extremely well-organized;
• Responsible at work and meets deadlines;
• Strong written and verbal communications;
• Detail oriented; and,
• Possess excellent phone etiquette.
• Must be able to operate a variety of office machines and equipment including two-way radio, computer, telephone, scanner, copier, fax, golf cart, and calculator.
• Must be able to remain active for an eight hour shift;
• Must be able to sit upright for long periods of time;
• Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed;
• Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events; and,
• Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Please apply at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1512048
The Maryland Zoo1876 Mansion House Drive BaltimoreBaltimore, MD 21217Phone: 4435520890
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.