AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Roger William's Park Zoo is currently recruiting an Education Program Instructor for School & Camp Programs. The Education Program Instructor is primarily responsible for facilitating School & Camp Programs. This position is part-time, year-round.
September - June
June - August
Animal Handling Presentation Responsibilities
Other Functions and Responsibilities
Pursuit or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Biology, Zoology, or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of two years’ experience in informal education, teaching various age groups is required. Experience with English Language Learners and experience and comfort with animal handling are strongly desired.
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in education, environmental education, and environmental conservation
• Enthusiastic, open-minded, creative, flexible, adaptable, patient, self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team.
• Positive attitude and a passion for environmental education.
• Enjoy working with children of all ages and learning abilities.
• Comfortable interacting with the general public and speaking in front of large groups of people.
• Able to function in a professional environment, demonstrating responsibility, creative problem solving and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintain effective working relationships with other departments, staff, professionals from other zoo organizations, and the general public.
• An appreciation for informal, lifelong learning in agreement with RWP Zoo’s mission and commitment to education, conservation and horticultural excellence.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Word & Outlook)
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
ATTN: Ed Program Instructor- School & Camp Search
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence, RI 02907
Roger Williams Park Zoo1000 Elmwood AveProvidence, RI 02907Phone: 401-785-3510Fax: 401-941-1325
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.