AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Potawatomi Zoo has seasonal openings in our Children’s Zoo Farm and Australian animal areas. There are currently 3 positions ranging from 18-26 hours/week. These will be part-time, non-benefitted positions. Applicants must be highly motivated and be willing to work flexible hours, which will include weekends, and holidays. Candidates will be trained and expected to work independently in select areas of the zoo.
• Work as public attendant to guests interacting with Zoo Farm animals and walk-thru Australia area.
• Daily care of animals, including, but not limited to, feeding, cleaning, and daily observation of health and welfare.
• Preparing and distributing appropriate enrichment to animals.
• Daily record keeping and other paperwork.
• Monitoring any births, deaths, injuries, and/or illnesses and reporting them to the proper manager.
• Maintaining trained behaviors and helping to train new behaviors.
• Assisting with capturing and restraining animals, and medical procedures.
• Performing minor exhibit repairs and improvements, and reporting larger maintenance repairs to the proper manager.
• Must be outgoing and willing to speak with visitors and participate in scheduled keeper encounters.
• Performing other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Associate’s Degree in the biological sciences or closely related field and one year animal experience preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must have proof of current negative TB test.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please email resume and cover letter by March 1st to: Jennifer Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
Potawatomi Zoo500 South Greenlawn AveSouth Bend, IN 46615Phone: 5742359800
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.