AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Please visit our website to learn more.
The Director of Marketing Communications supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation (ICF) by leading the creation and execution of marketing and communication strategies: serving as a key spokesperson for ICF with the media, ICF members and donors; building brand awareness with targeted audiences; and collaborating with other communications and development staff across ICF; and effectively engaging with and utilizing outside consultation when needed. This position may choose to base at ICF headquarters or be eligible to telecommute.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Lead the development and execution of an integrated, multifaceted, measurable marketing communication strategy that elevates major gift activity, showcases ICF’s impact, and heightens understanding of the difference gifts make, capitalizing upon on-site, off-site, and staff resources.
Identify key (target) audiences and create collateral that presents compelling gift opportunities, in collaboration with the ICF Board of Directors, Senior Management, Development and Communications teams. Lead the strategy design and creative process for fundraising appeals, including segmented messages for mass mail, digital media, and all other channels and tactics.
Serve as a key spokesperson for ICF, building relationships with media, key influencers, opinion leaders, and select stakeholders, and distributing press releases that reflect ICF’s mission and core messaging.
Build brand awareness amongst target audiences—build and protect equity in the ICF brand name, solicit and develop brand ambassadors.
Raise favorability and consideration with target audiences as measured against comparable organizations.
Additional key responsibilities:
Maintain strong lines of communication and coordination with ICF development and communications staff, and work across other departments and programs to prioritize activities and resources, including leading interdepartmental marketing meetings.
Prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed.
Ensure consistency of key ICF messages, brand positioning and image, tone and voice in all communications, including print, web and new media, as well as through presence at headquarters site and among staff.
Develop, integrate, and implement a broad range of high value/high impact public relations activities.
Promote the destination, along with special events and opportunities on site, regionally, and globally.
Experience and knowledge required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or Journalism ,Master’s Degree a plus and no less than five years related marketing/communications experience.
Experience and skills utilizing diverse social media, a broad range of digital communications, and analytics
Experience and skills using word processing, spreadsheet, and power point software (MS Office) and internet search engines.
· Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively draft, proofread and edit correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and grammatically-correct manner; and ability to vary writing style to meet the needs of the target audiences and media.
· Excellent verbal communication skills, including speaking clearly and persuasively to individuals and groups; listening effectively; responding well to questions from conservation colleagues, ICF supporters, visitors, press and the general public.
· Experience leading and collaborating with others to achieve desired results.
· Experience with media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
· Ability to create new ideas or approaches to appeal to and educate current and potential members, donors and the public.
· Ability to design, prioritize, and implement strategic communication plans.
· Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
· Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
· Ability to travel, primarily within the State of Wisconsin, and to be accessible outside of normal business hours.
· Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for others; inspire trust; and work with integrity and ethically.
· Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work environment and duties, processes, and technologies.
Preferred experience and knowledge:
· Experience utilizing software for shared presentations, e.g. Go-To-Meeting and Skype.
· Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize desktop publishing and graphic design software (e.g. Corel Draw, Illustrator, or Photoshop), or other nonstandard software.
The physical abilities listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to use hands and fingers to type.
· Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally reaching, stooping and kneeling.
· Ability to walk and sit for reasonable periods of time.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Compensation and benefits: ICF offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
To apply for this position: Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please list subject: Director of Marketing Communications
Great working atmosphere with staff who are dedicated to the goal of saving cranes and the places where cranes dance.
Submit Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Crane FoundationE11376 Shady Lane RdBaraboo, WI 53913Phone: 608-356-9462
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.