AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Maryland Zoo
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is seeking applicants who desire a career in hospitality management and wish to gain hands-on experience in a zoological setting. This internship is designed to provide students with a well-rounded experience in providing the positive, informative human interactions that enhance every guest’s experience. Interns will be on hand to greet and assist our many guests from entrée at the Main Gate to riding the shuttle into the heart of the zoo.
• Internship must be completed for a college credit;
• Must be able to work with individuals from a wide variety of age groups and ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds;
• Must be able to commit to a consistent schedule of 3-5 days a week, scheduled Sunday through Saturday, Zoo open to Zoo closing;
• Must have valid photo identification;
• Must have a flexible availability;
• Must have excellent communication skills;
• Willing to learn more about Maryland Zoo amenities, layout and operations;
• Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed;
• Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time; and
• Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions.
To apply, internship candidates must complete the online Volunteer Application available online at: http://www.marylandzoo.org/support-the-zoo/volunteer/college-internships/ and submit the following:
• School transcript, official or unofficial, and copies are accepted
• Cover letter explaining the applicant’s:
o Goals and how this internship will help achieve those goals;
o Relevant skills, activities, experience and/or classes;
o School requirements for internship credit (if applicable);
o Start and end dates, and days of availability.
Application materials may be mailed, emailed or faxed to the Volunteer Department:
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
1876 Mansion House Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21217
All application materials are due by February 28th, 2017. See http://www.marylandzoo.org/support-the-zoo/volunteer/ for additional information.
The Maryland Zoo1876 Mansion House Drive BaltimoreBaltimore, MD 21217Phone: 4435520890
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.