AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Cleveland Zoological Society, est. 1957, is the nonprofit partner and advocate for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and both organizations share a mission: We create compelling experiences that connect people with wildlife and inspire personal responsibility for conserving the natural world. The Zoo Society has the largest membership base in Northeast Ohio (more than 40,000 households) and the Zoo annually serves more than 1 million visitors and is one of the top zoos in the nation.
The Major Gifts Officer will have primary responsibility for the solicitation of philanthropic gifts from individuals to support Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and Cleveland Zoological Society. This position will be charged to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects which will require face-to-face interactions with the expectation that they will host frequent one-on-one meetings on the Zoo campus and often travel for donor meetings in the Northeast Ohio region. Reporting to the Director of Development and as part of the development team, the incumbent will be expected to work collegially and in partnership with Zoo and Zoo Society colleagues. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated, organized and articulate solicitor; must articulate a compelling case for support and solicit funding; a quick learner who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; must be comfortable facilitating, communicating and working with a wide range of individuals. The candidate will be required to synthesize and summarize information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably, and be productive and efficient during the campaign including intensive periods of planning and development. Major gifts support the mission and our campaign for the future Zoo.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of development experience required
• Self-starter and highly motivated with demonstrated ability to coordinate and follow assignments through to completion
• Proven track record of securing major philanthropic gifts
• Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills and Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High degree of energy, creativity, flexibility, organization and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
• Work respectfully across all management units and donor constituencies
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Extremely detail-oriented and resourceful; must produce polished and highly accurate work
• Goal-oriented and confident solicitor
insurance, PTO, retirement plan
65-80k, commensurate with experience
Please submit electronic cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to Resume@ClevelandZooSociety.org by Friday, March 17, 2017
Cleveland Zoological Society3900 Wildlife WayCleveland, OH 44109Phone: 2166616500
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.