AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Fresno Chaffee Zoo inspires wonder of our natural world, provides an engaging learning environment, and instills a passion for conservation. Serving the central San Joaquin Valley, the Zoo is committed to sustaining professional active participation in wildlife conservation, research and education. A proud recipient of the AZA Top Honor Exhibit Award, the Zoo is committed to providing our local communities and the AZA community exhibits and programs both can be proud of.
The Deputy Director directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer. The Deputy Director oversees all administrative, operational, and marketing activities and reports directly to the CEO, providing the CEO with strategic and tactical recommendations on issues and opportunities. In support of the CEO, the DD leads the development of organization policies and practices that drive the Zoo’s mission.
The Deputy Director actively participates in organization-wide policy decisions, strategic planning, fundraising strategy, Board relations, resource allocation and representation of the Zoo’s mission and brand.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree desirable) in areas related to key aspects of Operations: Education, Biology, Facilities Management, Business Administration, and/or Design.
• Minimum 10 years of management and leadership experience with a focus on results, excellent interpersonal and organizational capabilities.
• Strong verbal and written English skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively with varied stakeholders. Bilingual skills a plus.
• Strong planning, analytical and decision making skills are required, with the ability to work in a dynamic, evolving organization.
• Demonstrates motivational and problem solving acumen with a high degree of integrity and ethics.
• Possesses the ability to articulate and inspire support for a vision of the future.
Fresno Chaffee Zoo is searching for a knowledgeable, outgoing and guest-oriented full-time Deputy Director/COO. At Fresno Chaffee Zoo, it is critical to have a strong focus on guest service. Our employees’ positive interactions with guests create the unforgettable guest experiences that keep patrons coming back. If you match this description, apply as directed below.
For a complete job description please contact email@example.com
Full time, no premiums for benefits, 2 hours from moutains and the pacific ocean
If you have the qualifications, experience, skills and interest needed to deliver an excellent guest experience at Fresno Chaffee Zoo, apply by February 19, 2017 as directed below.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fresno Chaffee Zoo Corporation, 894 W Belmont Ave. Fresno, CA 93728.
Applicants can visit www.fresnochaffeezoo.org to apply online.
Fresno Chaffee Zoo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Fresno Chaffee Zoo894 W Belmont AveFresno, CA 93728Phone: 5594985910Fax: 5594855046
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.