AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Cleveland Zoological Society, est. 1957, is the nonprofit partner and advocate for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and both organizations share a mission: We create compelling experiences that connect people with wildlife and inspire personal responsibility for conserving the natural world. The Zoo Society has the largest membership base in Northeast Ohio (more than 40,000 households) and the Zoo annually serves more than 1 million visitors and is one of the top zoos in the nation.
The Cleveland Zoological Society seeks a highly motivated and organized emerging development professional with strong administrative abilities and superior interpersonal, communication and computer skills. The successful candidate will be a quick learner, accurate, flexible and persistent, who will thrive and provide continuity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The candidate must be comfortable facilitating, communicating and working with a wide range of individuals and will be required to synthesize and summarize information, track and manage multiple deadlines and projects, work independently and reliably, and be productive and efficient during the life of the campaign including an intensive period of planning and development. The Campaign Coordinator plays a primary role to organize, coordinate, and support the Zoo Society’s fundraising efforts towards completion of a multi-year, multi-project campaign. Working closely with the Director of Development and Campaign Co-Chairs, the Campaign Coordinator will monitor and accurately track all campaign progress and support all efforts to ensure campaign progress and ultimate success. This position will be the main point of contact for up to date information regarding the status of all aspects of the comprehensive campaign.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of development experience required
• Raiser’s Edge database experience required
• Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• Analytical and strategic organizational and project management skills including effective time management
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and follow assignments through to completion
• Extremely detail oriented and resourceful; must produce polished and highly accurate work
• Service oriented and pro-active
• Ability to initiate, take responsibility for, and follow through on projects
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Work respectfully across all management units and donor constituencies
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
competitive benefits package includes health insurance, PTO, and 403B plan
Please submit electronic cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to Resume@ClevelandZooSociety.org by Friday, March 17, 2017
Cleveland Zoological Society3900 Wildlife WayCleveland, OH 44109Phone: 2166616500
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.