AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Wilds is a private, non-profit conservation center located on nearly 10,000 acres of reclaimed mine land in rural southeastern Ohio. It was created as the conservation center of the future by a group of civic leaders, political leaders and zoo professionals who believed that a serious scientific approach was required to find solutions to environmental concerns. From its inception, the Wilds has been envisioned as a facility that combines cutting-edge conservation science and education prog
The Lifeguard/Camp Safety and Maintenance Lead will oversee all camp beachfront activities and safety. They will observe campers and will perform rescues, first aid, or C.P.R. as needed. This position will maintain camp safety and maintenance checklists informing the Education Coordinator of any safety hazards and maintenance needs. This position will also assist in housekeeping duties at camp, trail maintenance, program setups, and any additional camp upkeep needs.
Typical Schedule: 32-40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Position begins 5/15/17 and ends 8/11/17.
• High school diploma required
• Lifeguard certification with 1-2 years lifeguarding experience preferred
• Ability to obtain waterfront lifeguard certification through Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Program (course provided by the Wilds and Columbus Zoo’s Zoombezi Bay staff)
• ACA Canoe Instructor Certification Preferred
• Ability to obtain Basic Wilderness First Aid Certification (training provided by the Wilds)
• Exceptional organizational skills
• High level of motivation; outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Ability to relate to people of all ages in a positive manner
• Well-developed verbal communications and public relations skills
Apply online at:
the Wilds14000 International RdCumberland, OH 43732Phone: 740-638-5030
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.