AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Wilds is a private, non-profit conservation center located on nearly 10,000 acres of reclaimed mine land in rural southeastern Ohio. It was created as the conservation center of the future by a group of civic leaders, political leaders and zoo professionals who believed that a serious scientific approach was required to find solutions to environmental concerns. From its inception, the Wilds has been envisioned as a facility that combines cutting-edge conservation science and education prog
This position will begin on 3/20/2017 and end on 5/28/2017.
Conservation Educators teach programs for schools, youth groups, families and adults. This position requires staff to work a flexible schedule, including working weekends and occasionally staying overnight at the Wilds. All staff will be required to drive a school bus during tours (training will be provided).
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of two years of college-level coursework completed in related field (education, science, etc.); B.S. or B.A. in related field preferred
• Experience with school age children required.
• Comfortable in and on the water, able to hike long distances, and willing to supervise and participate in outdoor recreational activities.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required. All staff will be required to occasionally spend the night at the Wilds.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicles operator’s license and a good driving record required. Must be willing to be trained to drive school bus while on Wilds’ property.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude in sometimes stressful situations required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests required.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification required (training will be offered).
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
To apply, please visit:
the Wilds14000 International RdCumberland, OH 43732Phone: 740-638-5030
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.