AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Birmingham Zoo is currently seeking a seasonal full-time (40hr) Animal Care Professional (ACP) for the Programs Department.
Responsibilities include the daily inspection, feeding, cleaning, training, enrichment, medicating and maintenance of the animals in the Programs Department. The Programs collection includes mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
In addition to husbandry duties, Programs ACPs will conduct interpretive programming, including participating in and conducting on-grounds animal presentations, Zoo to You off-ground events, special marketing events, birthday parties, and summer wildlife shows. ACPs will be expected to interact and interpret with visitors in a positive manner. Strong public presentation skills while working with live animals is preferred.
Preferred Start date: March 1
Seasonal Position Available: 6 months
Some flexibility in range of seasonal position dates, ask for more details
• Candidates must possess good communication, observational, and organization skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment. Must possess good public speaking skills.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and perform duties in extreme weather.
• Biology-related degree (or work towards) and/or animal care experience is preferred; experience in theater or related public speaking field a plus.
• Prior animal training experience using operant and classical conditioning a plus.
• Preferred experience in a zoo setting.
Must have a current valid driver’s license with no prior traffic violations (within the last five years).
Must have current negative TB test and rabies titer and provide documentation, or be willing to have a TB test and rabies titer.
Go to www.BirminghamZoo.com, About Us, Employment and complete an online application
Birmingham Zoo, Inc.2630 Cahaba RoadBirmingham, AL 35223Phone: 205-879-0409Fax: 205-879-9426
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.