AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Description: Responsible for Nashville Zoo’s (NZ) corporate sponsorship strategy including business development, and the coordination of all aspects of the relationship. This position requires strong sales experience, an understanding of affinity marketing relationships and a customer service mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Helps develop and oversees the NZ’s corporate sponsorship strategy.
• Works with NZ team to develop innovative concepts and ideas that deliver value to partners, and leads to partner activation.
• Cultivates and maintains relationships with corporate partners to meet financial and promotional NZ goals.
• Identifies potential partners, prepares proposals, makes presentations, closes sales, prepares and implements documentation and contracts.
• Works with Corporate Sponsorship Coordinator to service existing relationships on an ongoing basis, while pursuing new partnerships to create
revenue streams to the operation, as well as provide additional marketing and promotional resources.
• Works in conjunction with departmental stakeholders to communicate obligations and expectations of clients and staff to ensure proper servicing and value fulfillment of partnerships.
• Reports on sponsorship sales and prospect pipeline.
• Oversees and conducts surveys regarding attitudes and awareness of sponsors and reports results to appropriate constituents.
• Tracks sponsor objectives, marketing platforms, spending and activation efforts to ensure relationships are meeting both NZ and sponsor objectives.
• Works in conjunction with special events, marketing, guest services and development teams to coordinate corporate opportunities.
• Assists Board and Development Committee in sharing the Zoo experience with current and potential donors.
• Conducts tours as needed, including overall explanation of the Zoo, its history, Master Plan development and upcoming projects.
• Functions as a strong team member with other members of the Development Department by performing other duties as assigned including but not limited to other fundraising projects, programs and events as directed.
• Supervises Corporate Sponsorship Coordinator.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports Nashville Zoo.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Five or more years’ successful proven experience in strategic sales and corporate sponsorship sales/servicing or affinity marketing preferred.
• Experience selling six-figure sponsorship deals preferred.
• Three or more years of proven managerial experience preferred.
• Proficiency with computers and a variety of software packages linked to database management required.
• Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and personal information required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, frequent off-site meetings and overnight travel may be required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Ability to adhere to Nashville Zoo’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
Must be able to work outside and in a typical office setting as necessary. Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Because of the special event nature of this position, some nights and weekend work is required by all staff involved.
Master’s degree in business administration related field required with 5+ years experience in strategic sales.
Applicants for this position are required to submit to a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
Please submit resumes and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nashville Zoo3777 Nolensville Road NashvilleNashville, TN 37211Phone: 615 833 1534
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.