AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, and Conservation Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Maryland Zoo
General Summary: The Registrar reports to the Executive Vice President of Animal Programs, and is responsible for the comprehensive management of the Zoo’s multi-format Animal Records database. This position is responsible for training staff on the use of the Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS) to record important management, husbandry, and life-cycle information. The Registrar will participate in industry organizations, such as the AZA and ZRA, and is required to represent the Zoo in a positive and professional manner.
Communication (Internal and External):
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, archival or library science, or related field required.
• Six months of related training or experience;
• Computer experience in database management; and;
• Understanding of basic statistical techniques and population genetics concepts desirable.
• Valid driver’s license preferred.
• Diligent and well-organized.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills, including excellent writing ability.
• Ability to interpret and synthesize information from a variety of sources into concise and accurate reports.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; and,
• Demonstrated ability to maintain business confidentiality.
• Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including computer, copier, fax, scanner, telephone, radio, and vehicles.
• Must be able to travel large areas of the Zoo as needed.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different task be performed when circumstances change.
Please apply at:
The Maryland Zoo1876 Mansion House Drive BaltimoreBaltimore, MD 21217Phone: 4435520890
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.