Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
Position: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Director of Development
The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium (LLPA) is a 501(c3) non-profit organization that provides the community with countless educational opportunities to understand and respect our precious Earth and its living ecosystems, from the Utah deserts and mountains, to rain forest habitats, to the planet’s vast oceans. Working at The Living Planet Aquarium is more than just a job, it is purpose-driven work. We need exceptionally talented and hardworking team members to join us on our mission of inspiring people to explore, discover, and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, PTO, Holiday Pay, New Child Leave, Aquarium Memberships and passes, and much more.
The Development Coordinator supports and coordinates LLPA’s capital, annual, and membership fundraising programs. Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and executing LLPA events to generate funding, overseeing annual giving programs, and assisting in grant writing and habitat sponsorships. Experience in a non-profit setting is highly preferred with demonstrable customer service skills and the ability to interact in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in fundraising related environments
- Ability to prepare, analyze, interpret, and report on donor data
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills
- Must use discretion and demonstrate ability to work with sensitive and confidential financial information
- Ability to work constructively with co-workers, Aquarium members and the general public
- Ability to work alone and with minimal supervision and to communicate effectively
- Salesforce experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the development team, plan and execute the annual Legislative Night event
- Functions as the staff lead for logistics of the legislative evening including identifying food, beverage, animal encounters, and educational experiences
- Manage day-to-day processes for development programs as they come on line, e.g., Adopt –an-Animal, utilizing DOMO and Salesforce
- Consistently and accurately utilize the Salesforce database to create and update constituent records, including logging activities and donations
- Assist with organizing and executing behind the scenes tours and donor cultivation events, as well as off-site donor visits
- Assist with coordinating donor recognition signage and delivery of sponsorship benefits
- Assist in grant and prospect research, applications, and tracking in database
- Help identify new funding prospects including foundations, state and federal sources, corporate and individual funders
- Other projects and duties as assigned
The Living Planet Aquarium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or military status. The Living Planet Aquarium is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process. Should you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job posting. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Loveland Living Planet Aquarium will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.
How to Apply
Apply at: https://thelivingplanet.com/jobs/
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
12033 S Lone Peak Pkwy
Draper, UT 84020
Visit our website
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...