ZooMontana is an AZA accredited zoological/botanical garden, accredited arboretum and educational facility dedicated to the conservation of wildlife throughout Montana and the 45th parallel of earth. ZooMontana cares for over 100 animals of 56 different species, including Amur Tigers, Grizzly Bear, Wolverine, River Otters, Takin, and Canada Lynx among others, most of which are rescues.
Education Intern (Seasonal)
The ZooMontana Education/Outreach Intern position is designed to provide emerging individuals with practical learning experience and valuable knowledge related to the Zoological field.
The Education Intern will participate in all daily activities of the education department. Activities include, but are not limited to, implementing on and off-site animal programs, amphitheater programs, program development, summer camp instruction, curriculum design, and possibly animal care.
This is career strengthening step for those considering employment in a zoological or conservation-oriented facility with an emphasis on educational outreach. Although housing is not provided at this time, ZooMontana will aid in
finding affordable housing options.
Internship runs from May 15th – August 31st, 2023
- Must have a two- or four-year college degree, or be a student enrolled in a
college or university pursuing a degree in Biology, Zoology, Education,
Environmental Sciences, Pre-Vet, or other related disciplines.
- Must have a desire to learn professional animal care techniques.
- Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and flexible hours as well as
various evening hours.
- Deliver on and off-site educational programs at/for schools, business meetings, or special events.
- Aids in summer camp development and operation.
- Educational program development.
- Aids in implementation of conservation projects.
- Complete a brief project of your choosing, approved by Education Leads.
- Deliver tours for onsite guests when needed.
- Handle animals under appropriate policies and protocols including mammals,
birds of prey, invertebrates, and reptiles.
- Provide ideas to help enhance efficiency as well as to improve the quality of interpretation provided to the guests of ZooMontana.
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment within ZooMontana.
- Helps to implement fire, animal death, and animal escape protocol.
- Conduct light office cleaning.
- Assist animal care staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Montana is your backyard!
How to Apply
To apply for the Seasonal Educator/Internship, please send a cover letter and resume via email to:
Brooke Tucker, Onsite Education Lead - email@example.com
Fernanda Mora, Outreach Education Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org
2100 S. Shiloh Rd.
Billings, MT 59106
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...