Fresno Chaffee Zoo
This position is responsible to ensure proper operation of Zoo facilities and equipment through semiskilled/skilled maintenance, repair and construction.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes 100% employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation time on an accrued basis. The pay range for this position is $19.85-$24.00 per hour. Offers will be based on the successful candidate's experience.
- Performs semi-skilled/skilled plumbing, electrical, general construction, painting, and general/preventative maintenance tasks throughout Zoo facilities.
- Moves and replaces soil, debris, asphalt, sand, and other rock and mineral as needed.
- Utilizes power tools, heavy equipment, welding/metal working equipment, and other tools to accomplish job tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance and repairs performed on equipment and buildings.
- Effectively communicates project status to the Facilities Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum three year construction or equipment maintenance required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with power tools, welding equipment, and other construction tools in a safe manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety rules, OSHA regulations and precautions in construction and maintenance work.
- Valid California driver’s license, personal insurance coverage and a clean driving record, a plus.
- Good verbal English communications skills required. Bilingual (Spanish or Hmong) communication skills a plus.
- Ability to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Zoo may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- This position is regularly required to bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel; use hands and arms for operation of maintenance tools and heavy equipment.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Visual acuity to operate machinery and read printed instructions and safety information, and to assess the thoroughness of the work assigned. Color perception is also required.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication (in person and via telephone), at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- The position primarily functions outdoors, with exposure to heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- The employee is regularly exposed to hazardous chemicals, fumes from equipment operation, and dust/dirt from Zoo grounds.
- May be required to work at heights including ladders, rooftops, booms, and lifts.
- The position may work in close proximity to Zoo animals.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
Minimum three years construction or equipment maintenance required.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes Medical/Dental/Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation time on an accrued basis.
$19.85-$24.00 per hour
How to Apply
Fresno Chaffee Zoo
894 W. Belmont Ave
Fresno, CA 93728
Visit our website
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...