Fresno Chaffee Zoo
Seasonal Guest Ambassador
This position is responsible for providing excellent guest service to Zoo guests through the daily operations of the ticket booth, giraffe feeding station, stingray bay station, and entrance to special exhibits.
This seasonal part-time position is eligible for Paid CA Sick time earned on an accrued basis. The pay range for this position is $16.00 - $18.00 per hour. Offers will be based on the successful candidate's experience.
- Greets Zoo guests in a friendly, professional manner at the main entrance and animal habitats.
- Completes cash and credit card transactions for Zoo entry fees, animal feedings, and other purchases with accuracy, efficiency, and security.
- Actively promotes Zoo Membership sales to guests entering the Zoo.
- Actively promotes Total Zoo Experience/Combo tickets to guests entering the Zoo.
- Provides zoo guests with general information about Zoo operations and events.
- Performs cash counts and reconciliation of cash drawer to ensure the accuracy of daily transactions.
- Maintains cashier workstation in a neat, organized manner at all times.
- Assist guests in the call center with ticket sales, upgrades, and field trips.
- Connect our guests to the mission of the zoo.
- Performs special assignments and projects as requested and assists with other shifts as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills required. Bilingual (Spanish or Hmong) communication skills are a plus.
- Ability to interact with Zoo guests in a friendly, professional manner at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Zoo may be able to adjust or excuse one or
more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- In this position the employee is normally seated but may be required to stand for long periods. The employee may be required to bend, stoop, or kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close visual acuity to view a computer monitor and read printed materials.
- Hand and finger dexterity to receive and count paper money and coins and operate a cash register.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication (in person and via telephone), at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken information to others in small and large group settings.
- The position functions indoors and outdoors, exposing to environments with heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- The position may work in close proximity to Zoo animals.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Paid CA Sick time earned on an accrued basis
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
How to Apply
Fresno Chaffee Zoo
894 W. Belmont Ave
Fresno, CA 93728
Visit our website
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...