AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Rhode Island Zoological Society
Roger Williams Park Zoo of Providence, Rhode Island, is one of the nation’s oldest zoos and home to over 100 animal species. Our culture is built on our core values: community, fun, innovation, diversity, integrity, sustainability, and excellence. We value our role in the community as a treasured place for families and a trusted resource for learning; we create a sense of community for our staff and contribute to the global conservation community. We provide a fun experience for our guests and believe that a fun environment is essential to create a great workplace. We are willing to take risks, to propose novel ideas and to think “out of the box”. Bold dreams are welcome here. We act with respect toward all. We value diversity and are intolerant of bias. Integrity and honesty drive our business practices and our relationships with each other and our constituents. We are driven by our vision of greater sustainability in our environmental practices and in our business model. We believe that by establishing a sustainable financial base we can best achieve our goals. We are always striving for excellence. We work to exceed expectations in all areas.
The RWPZ is currently recruiting for a full-time, year-round, Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager supervises the facilities team and is responsible for general maintenance, fleet maintenance, repair and construction of all interior and exterior buildings including equipment maintenance and repair, outdoor infrastructure, small to medium size inhouse and contracted construction projects, and event support including set up, breakdown, and management. The individual in this position reports to the Deputy Director of Operations.
• Administrative supervision and mentoring of Facilities staff by motivating, and providing direction to ensure staff, department and zoo goals are met.
• Develop and maintain:
a. preventive maintenance programs for buildings and grounds, fleet, equipment, and rides including all applicable licenses and permits.
b. a computerized facilities work order system for scheduling maintenance activities, prioritizing projects, coordinating work assignments, tracking requests, cost, and follow-up.
c. contingency plans and assist with organizing emergency response for snow removal, flood, waste spills, sewer blockages, equipment failures, utility excavations, etc.
d. work plans, schedules, training, and provide guidance and direction for successful implementation of plans.
e. A capital improvement plan and fleet replacement plan to ensure that the zoo is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and reliable infrastructure.
• Perform ride operator and safety training and retraining for ride staff.
• Ensure that the zoo is following Local and State, OSHA, health, safety and security standards.
• Assist architects, engineers and contractors during the construction of new facilities or renovations to expedite the timely completion of a project and to look out for the short-term and long-term interests of the Zoo throughout the construction process.
• Support the Manager of Safety and Security with the zoo’s SDS program by keeping the department’s binders up to date and by communicating the programs importance to department staff.
• Manage the zoo’s aquatic life support systems, HVAC, and Lighting Control Systems.
• Support the zoo’s event set up team.
• Assist Deputy Director of Operations with Facilities budgets and tracking programs to ensure cost controls associated with maintaining facilities, equipment, etc., are met.
• Act as Emergency Response Coordinator, when applicable.
• Member of storm response team including storm preparation, response, and clean-up.
• Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices.
• Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the Deputy Director of Operations.
Required Experience and Education:
Associates Degree with technical training in plant engineering or campus/plant maintenance. Minimum
of five to seven years of progressive experience and responsibilities in the maintenance field, directing a
multifunctional maintenance staff for a minimum of three or more years is required; or equivalent
combination of education and/or experience.
Preferred Experience and Education:
Recent experience working with diverse populations and fluency speaking additional languages a plus.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Roger Williams Park Zoo ATTN: Facilities Manager 1000 Elmwood Ave Providence, RI 02907 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Roger Williams Park ZooProvidence, RI 02907Phone: 4017853510
Visit our website
@Rhode Island Zoologi
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.