AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Roger Williams Park Zoo
Roger Williams Park Zoo of Providence, Rhode Island, is one of the nation’s oldest zoos and home to over 100 animal species. Our culture is built on our core values: community, fun, innovation, diversity, integrity, sustainability, and excellence. We value our role in the community as a treasured place for families and a trusted resource for learning; we create a sense of community for our staff and contribute to the global conservation community. We provide a fun experience for our guests and believe that a fun environment is essential to create a great workplace. We are willing to take risks, to propose novel ideas and to think “out of the box”. Bold dreams are welcome here. We act with respect toward all. We value diversity and are intolerant of bias. Integrity and honesty drive our business practices and our relationships with each other and our constituents. We are driven by our vision of greater sustainability in our environmental practices and in our business model. We believe that by establishing a sustainable financial base we can best achieve our goals. We are always striving for excellence. We work to exceed expectations in all areas.
The RWPZ is currently recruiting for a full-time, year-round, exempt, Evening and Special Events Manager. Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director/Operations. The Evening and Special Events Manager is a key team member in the development and growth of events held at Roger Williams Park Zoo and Carousel Village. The individual in this position is also responsible for helping to ensure high quality day and night-time ticketed events. Examples of events include Holiday Lights Spectacular, Brew at the Zoo, Zoobilee, Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, Food Truck Fridays.
• Oversee, support, and help grow all ticketed events at the Zoo and Carousel Village. This includes developing operational plans, managing, and assisting with the setup and breakdown, and working with fellow event team members on researching and planning of ticketed events, both new and established.
• Manage events to ensure they are kept to a timely schedule and remain on budget.
• Functional supervision, training, and management of event support staff, including event set-up crews and third-party vendors.
• Collaborate with team members from varying departments to coordinate cross-department support for events, ensure seamless event experiences for our guests.
• Effectively interact and communicate with employees, volunteers, and various external groups/vendors, responding to their inquiries and/or requests.
• Act as a liaison to the Deputy Director of Operations and the Event Team to communicate the needs of the event, such as long lines, supplies, staffing requirements and placement, etc.
• Act as Zoo Lead and Emergency Response Coordinator during afterhours events.
• Help to maintain Roger William Park Zoo’s reputation for highly quality events and aesthetics, advancing our mission and encouraging support of the Zoo.
• Cultivate and maintain a positive working environment.
Required Experience and Education:
Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Event Management, or related field, from an accredited institution and at least two years of event management or relevant hospitality experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Preferred Experience and Education:
Recent experience working with diverse populations and fluency speaking additional languages a plus.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Roger Williams Park Zoo
ATTN: Evening & Special Events Manager
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence, RI 02907
Roger Williams Park ZooProvidence, RI 02907Phone: 4017853510
Visit our website
@Roger Williams Park
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.