AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Hire and train all Security Officers, Parking Monitors, and Event Monitors
• Act as lead First Aid responder
• Coordinate execution of all on-site parking operations
• Maintain and operate TSA’s CCTV surveillance equipment
• Act as internal instructor for First Aid, CPR, AED, and O2 administration
• Work closely with Dive Offices to coordinate safety related activities, trainings, and drills
• Develop, plan, coordinate, and administer company-wide safety training, drills, and activities.
• Develop, plan, coordinate, and administer department specific security training, drills, and activities.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; four years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a Level II Non-Commissioned Security Officer License or meet the requirements to be become licensed.
For requirements regarding obtaining a Level II Non-Commissioned Security Officer License please go to the following link and look up Sec. 1702.113.
Valid TX Driver’s license with an insurable record.
Texas EMT (preferred, not required).
This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.
Please apply online at www.texastateaquarium.org
Texas State Aquarium2710 N. Shoreline Blvd.Corpus Christi, TX 78402Phone: 361-881-1200Fax: 361-881-1235
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.