AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Brevard Zoo is home to more than 900 animals representing 195 species from all over the world. As a not-for-profit organization, it is a leader in the fields of animal wellness, education and conservation.
The Chief Finance Officer functions at the strategic business leader for all financial aspects related to the East Coast Zoological Society. This position is responsible for providing financial opinions based on past and present data, crafting the Zoo’s financial model for short and long-term planning, directing all financial functions of the Zoo in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in support of the Zoo’s mission and goals. Additionally, the CFO will assist with crafting the Aquarium financial model for short and long-term planning purposes. The CFO assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the Zoo complies with all local, state, and federal regulations that pertain to the handling of monies, taxes, and insurance by a not-for-profit institution. The position also leads the Finance department and provides direction for daily Accounting office activities. The CFO oversees and administers requests for proposal or qualifications processes and contracts as needed. As a member of Senior Staff, this position is expected to participate with all other team members in a collegial and collaborative manner, considering issues and making decisions from the view of the Zoo as a whole, without partiality to one’s own area(s) of responsibility. Members of the Executive Leadership Team must be able to employ systems thinking and understand that all areas of the Zoo are inter-related and dependent on one another.
Executive Leadership Relations
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Current Certified Public Accountant certification and/or MBA is preferred.
• Minimum five years’ accounting and financial management experience required. Experience in a not-for-profit organization or zoo preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to tailor both written and verbal communication and messaging to various groups including Senior Staff, employees, Board of Directors and external business partners.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and computerized financial systems is required.
• Strong planning, analytical and decision-making skills are required, with the ability to work in a dynamic, evolving organization.
• Demonstrates motivational and problem-solving acumen with a high degree of integrity and ethics.
• Full-time • Health insurance (after waiting period) • Dental insurance (after waiting period) • Short-term disability insurance • Life insurance • Vision plan (after waiting period) • 403(b) retirement plan • Paid time off (after waiting period) • Employee assistance program • Uniform stipend • Zoo membership • Zoo and Treetop Trek tickets (after waiting period) • Admission to local attractions through AttractionShare
Qualified candidates interested in the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position should send a resume and cover letter to HR@brevardzoo.org.
The Brevard Zoo8225 N Wickham RoadMelbourne, FL 32940Phone: 321-254-9453
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.