AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
What you get to do:
As an Education Supervisor you'll:
• Supervise and coordinate day to day operations of education programs and tours.
• Be responsible for the overall direction and development and advancement of products.
• Assist in the hiring, training, development, and evaluation of staff.
• Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere which ensures the highest level of ambassador performance and guest service while enforcing and complying with safety procedures and guidelines.
• Lead the design and development of new education products.
• Assist with the other developmental and park responsibilities, as assigned.
• Develop, maintain, and monitor revenue and labor budgets and profitability goals.
• Participate in on-property and off-property presentations for guests, school groups, and media.
• Assure compliance with all Busch Gardens' quality, and safety standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned based on business need.
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years education programming experience or related work experience.
• Valid Driver's License, and be able to meet SeaWorld driving guidelines.
• Able to work 40 hours per week with flexible schedule, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Strong knowledge of instructional design and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional results and ability to work cooperatively with other departments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and guest relations skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Enthusiastic, confident change-agent with ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment under aggressive timelines, with positive attitude.
• Must possess basic knowledge of computer/Windows software.
• Maintaining accurate training records in compliance with legal and company retention guidelines for all department employees.
• Provide performance feedback during training sessions; Provide on-going feedback to leadership regarding development needs of employees.
• Regularly conduct audits to ensure ambassadors understanding of standard operating procedures.
• Provide feedback to leadership in reference to animal interaction performance and feedback from guests regarding value and price
What else is important:
• Able to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Position will have a regular need to perform any of these activities: bend at waist, squat, and ascend stairways, kneel, and reach above shoulders.
• Work environment is equally divided between indoors in conditioned space, and outside in Florida weather elements (heat, humidity, cold, damp weather).
This is a full time hourly position. This posting will end at midnight on 8/10/22.
Busch Gardens Tampa3605 E Bougainvillea AveTampa, FL
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.