AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in zoology or a closely related discipline and two years’ experience in the care and management of reptiles
• OR: An associate degree in a related discipline and four years experiences in the care of captive wildlife, two of which include the care and management of reptiles. Experience should include a minimum one year of supervised training, demonstrating proficiency in handling and caring for venomous snakes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• One year of supervised training, demonstrating proficiency in handling and caring for venomous snakes.
• Ability to work with animals and to remain calm in strenuous circumstances.
• Ability to propose solutions to areas of concern related to animal care.
• Ability to handle a flexible workload with a variety of assignments.
• Knowledge of reptile biology and captive husbandry.
• Knowledge of habitat design and basic construction skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Excellent time management skills.
$19.44 - $20.44/hr starting rate, per AFSCME Contract
Submit your application and résumé via the online job posting at https://detroitzoo.org/about/jobs/
Detroit Zoological Society8450 W 10 Mile RdRoyal Oak, MI 48067Phone: 248-541-5717Fax: 248-541-5847
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.