AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood, steel and plastics. The Carpenter is a proficient craftsman performing all aspects of carpentry for Dallas Zoo Management.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare drawings for various projects to include: framing, cabinetry, decks, stairs, exhibit perimeter
• Work with prints or instructions from supervisor to prepare the layout of the project.
• Perform various tasks including but not limited to hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, framing, common make ready.
• Utilize planes, saws, drills and sanders to repair and erect structures
• Use levels, rules, lasers, framing squares and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
• Perform work thru written and verbal instruction
• Check work throughout to ensure it is up to code and specifications.
• Operate a variety of equipment including wood working, material handling and dirt work.
• Cleans and store tools and equipment.
• Assist other trades and departments as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have two or more years experience and/or knowledge of all aspects of carpentry
• Ability to work use stilts, ladders and articulating lifts.
• Knowledge of residential, commercial construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
• Ability to read prints.
• Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
• Basic knowledge of local (city & state) building codes.
• Must have a Texas valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others.
• Must have good observational skills.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.
• Must be able to be work weekends, holidays, nights or evenings as needed.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Dallas Zoo650 S. R.L. Thornton FrwyDallas, TX 75203
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.