AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
The Turtle Survival Alliance works globally to conserve tortoises and freshwater turtles. With programs and projects in North America, Belize, Colombia, Madagascar, and throughout Asia, the Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) transforms passion for turtles into effective conservation action with a goal of zero turtle extinctions in the 21st Century.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide day to day animal husbandry and to implement all policies and procedures associated with the living animal collection at the Turtle Survival Center (TSC) in Cross, South Carolina. This position has the secondary responsibilities of assistance with horticulture, and general facility maintenance of the TSC. This is a full-time position with benefits. This position reports to the Assistant Curator.
EDUCATION AND PRE-REQUISITES
• High school diploma or GED. Bachelor degree preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience working with a diverse assemblage of reptiles and amphibians in captivity at a zoo, conservation center, or similar facility.
• Experience with chelonians is preferred.
• Self-disciplined, highly motivated personality able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to use hand tools and operate small to moderate machinery (mowers, chainsaws, tractor, etc.) while maintaining a safe environment for themselves and others.
• Currently hold a valid state driver’s license with reliable transportation.
• Must be able to work in a hot, humid climate for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to accommodate a varying schedule with flexibility in mind.
• The Turtle Survival Alliance does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an hourly position. Compensation will be based on experience. Benefits include optional healthcare, dental, and vision as well as a retirement plan.
This is an hourly position. Compensation will be based on experience.
To apply, please send a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 6th.
Turtle Survival AllianceCross, SC
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.