AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
This position takes a holistic view of educational programming offerings for middle and high school youth within Conservation Education. This role works closely with the Education Programs Manager in support of the Zoological Society of Milwaukee (ZSM) mission to educate people about the importance of wildlife and animals and support the Milwaukee County Zoo, and the Conservation Education department’s vision to inspire and empower all members of our community to take conservation action.
• Bachelor’s degree in education (formal, informal, environmental, etc.) or related field (e.g., conservation, wildlife biology, zoology, etc.). A focus on secondary education is beneficial.
• Minimum one year of experience working in an educational capacity—especially with teen youth—in a school, zoo, aquarium, nature center or similar organization.
• Proven experience writing environmental education curriculum.
• Proven ability to work independently and in teams.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Spanish or second language fluency beneficial.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in additional collaboration platforms, CRMs (experience with Tessitura a plus), and resource scheduling tools preferred.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and adequate car insurance with the ability to travel to program sites, meetings and professional opportunities.
• Ability to become CPR/1st Aid certified within 6 months of employment; recertification required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including 1-3 weekend days per month.
Commensurate with experience
Click here to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=72674&clientkey=D291F336EBD5260AD0DE08F024E6D6A3
Zoological Society of MilwaukeeZoological Society, 10005 W. Bluemound RdMilwaukee, WI 53226Phone: 414-258-5058 x433
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.