AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Position Overview: Friends of Zoo Boise is seeking a full-time Membership Coordinator to support the Administration and Development Departments with organizational tasks necessary to run the membership, fundraising, event and conservation activities of Friends of Zoo Boise. Reports to: Director of Development
Schedule: The Membership Coordinator is a full-time position scheduled Thursday through Monday weekly. Some evenings and weekends are necessary.
1. Process all annual passes and memberships including data entry, mailings, renewal reminders and other benefit fulfillment needs;
2. Administer Adopt an Animal program and ensure all benefits are fulfilled;
3. Coordinate zoo ticket donations to other nonprofit organizations and sponsors;
4. Assist with organizational aspects of Zoo Boise conservation programs, including revenue collection and maintenance of in-zoo conservation stations;
5. Assist Director of Development with fundraising needs including donation and thank you processing;
6. Maintain database including updating procedures and preparing mailing lists and reports as needed. Ensure database is functioning correctly and efficiently. Strive to improve efficiency of processes and use of the database;
7. Maintain relevant records, including filing;
8. Perform multi-weekly errands for the zoo including bank runs, postal runs, and report delivery;
9. Assist with fundraising events and donor tours;
10.Support the Director of Development in a range of capacities as needed, including report generation;
11.And other duties as assigned.
1. The preferred candidate will have 1-3 years of prior experience working at a nonprofit or membership facility;
2. A passion for conservation and the mission of Zoo Boise;
3. Superior organizational, written and oral communication skills;
4. Exceptional customer service skills;
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of membership and donor information;
6. Capacity to work independently and in teams;
7. Conversant with required computer programs including Microsoft Office;
8. A strong working knowledge and experience using donor database systems (Zoo Boise currently uses Donor Perfect) and creating associated data queries, reports, templates, and forms;
9. Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and membership best practices, tools and techniques;
10. Excellent attention to detail; 11.Energy, humor, creativity, professionalism, maturity and strong work ethic; 12.Negative TB test; 13.Have a valid driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one.
Working Conditions: Physical Efforts While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs., rarely lifting/carrying up to 35 lbs. Also, the employee is rarely pushing/pulling up to 35 lbs. Work includes sensory ability to talk, hear and smell. Employees will sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, climb and balance. Position requires hand/finger dexterity.
Working Environment: The work environment will include inside conditions, outdoor weather conditions, in wet and humid conditions, with areas of dust, odors, mist, gases or other airborne matter.
About Zoo Boise: Zoo Boise is a 14-acre zoo located in beautiful Julia Davis Park of downtown Boise, Idaho. Our mission is to connect our visitors with animals to inspire and involve our community in the conservation of wildlife worldwide. It is home to over 300 animals from 100 species, receives 300,000 visitors annually and is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Friends of Zoo Boise is a 501(c)(3) membership organization that supports Zoo Boise in the area of animal acquisition, capital improvement projects, education programs, volunteer opportunities, and special events. The goal of each of these components is to increase public awareness, knowledge, and appreciation of the zoo, wild animals, animal habitats, species conservation, and the environment.
1-3 years experience at a nonprofit or membership facility.
Com $16-18 hourly, depending on experience plus competituive benefits
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Rachel Winer, Director of Development at email@example.com by December 9, 2021. Please no calls.
Friends of Zoo Boise/Zoo Boise355 Julia Davis DrBoise, ID 83702Fax: www.zooboise.org
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.