AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Lubee Bat Conservancy is an international non-profit organization dedicated to saving bats and their habitats through research, conservation, and education, with a focus on children and community engagement.
Lubee Bat Conservancy is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to saving bats and their habitats through research, conservation, education with a focus on children and community engagement.
Lubee is seeking self-motivated and energetic individuals interested in gaining experience in the animal care field. Interns will learn animal husbandry for bats and reptiles alongside professional animal care staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experience working around animals in a zoo or similar setting preferred.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Engage in a team environment that includes staff, interns and volunteers.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Be in good physical condition – able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, climb, and lift at least 50 pounds.
• Must have a current negative TB test (within the last 2 years).
• Must have current Tetanus vaccine (within the last 10 years).
• Proof of COVID vaccination or negative test within 2 weeks of start date.
• Preference will be given to those with a sincere desire in becoming an animal keeper.
• Reliable transportation.
• Valid ID.
• Be at least 18 years old.
The intern will make his or her own housing arrangements in the north central FL area.
College credit: We will work with your college/university to offer college credit, however it is your responsibility to arrange this. We will provide any documentation or testing your school requires for credit hours.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
This is an internship starting February through May of 2022 (with the option of extending for longer if desired). This internship includes a Bat Appreciation Day event to be held on Saturday April 16th, 2022 which interns are required to work. Interns should be able to devote 40 hours a week (5 days a week 8:00AM-4:00PM). Applications are due by 11:59 PM on December 4th, 2021.
Exceptions to session dates and hours may be made in order to coordinate with university and/or work schedules.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit is offered if desired.
Please send resume, cover letter, and two professional or educational references to email@example.com with the subject line reading Internship. Applications are due by 11:59 PM on December 4th, 2021.
Lubee Bat Conservancy1309 NW 192nd AveGainesville, FL 32609Phone: 3524851250
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.