AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
At the Tennessee Aquarium, we consider ourselves fortunate to have the ability to make a difference every day - for animals, for conservation, and for our community and beyond. We strive to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife through our world-class exhibits and passionate, knowledgeable team members. We provide a collaborative culture and promote an inclusive environment that values and supports diversity and equality among staff, volunteers, and all our audiences.
The part-time Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for essential Human Resource (HR) functions related to benefits, leaves-of-absence, Workers' Compensation, compliance, reporting, personnel maintenance, and other areas of HR for the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, and the Hunter Museum of American Art. Previous education or work experience in HR and knowledge of current HR laws, compliance, policies, and best practices required. Strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, and a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is essential.
1. Maintain current knowledge of policies, procedures, and laws relevant to Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short-term Disability (STD), Long-term Disability (LTD), Workers' Compensation, and other HR related areas of responsibility.
2. Prepare packets for leave-of-absence requests and ensure all required FMLA, STD and LTD paperwork is distributed and returned in a timely manner.
3. Submit STD employer statements to insurance provider and monitor claim status online or by phone.
4. Assist HR Manager with tracking FMLA and STD, completing employee timesheets, and preparing Excel leave spreadsheets for bi-weekly payroll.
5. Receive and review staff incident reports and submit Workers' Compensation claims to insurance provider in a timely manner; record incident information in UKG Pro (HRIS) for OSHA tracking.
6. Collaborate with insurance provider, medical provider, and employee on Workers' Comp claims to ensure a smooth process for all parties involved. Request status updates, medical releases, and other related documentation for recordkeeping when necessary.
7. Maintain personnel, benefit, retirement, leave-of-absence, Workers' Compensation, and other essential files in compliance with appropriate state and federal laws and organizational policy.
8. Assist with entering and updating employment and personnel data in UKG Pro.
9. Gather HRIS data as needed using existing reports or by writing new reports.
10. Assist with mandatory reporting, including but not limited to, PPACA, EEO-1, OSHA, and NDT.
11. Update employee handbooks, policies, benefit guides, and other materials as requested.
12. Prepare distribution materials for annual notices, plan changes, and other correspondence.
13. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, recruiting, onboarding, orientations, diversity & inclusion, benefit enrollments, meetings, special projects/events, serving on internal committees, etc.
• 1-2 years of HR related education or comparable work experience.
• Knowledge of current HR related laws, regulations, compliance, and best practices.
• Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to work well with others.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Administrative experience with Workers' Compensation, various leaves-of-absence preferred
Please submit a resume with your online application.
$14.00-$16.00 - Hourly
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tennessee AquariumChattanooga, TX 37402
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.