AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Located along the Space Coast in Melbourne, Florida, the Brevard Zoo is an AZA-accredited facility with a diverse collection of over 900 animals representing nearly 200 species. It is also home to the Sea Turtle Healing Center (STHC) for rehabilitation of wild marine turtles. Brevard Zoo is well-known for its strong conservation ethic and unique attractions, such as kayaking through the Africa area, giraffe feeding and various animal encounters.
· General husbandry for all animals in the Ambassador Animal Collection which includes birds, domestic livestock, small mammals, reptiles, invertebrates, and amphibians.
o This includes cleaning animal habitats, preparing diets, training, enrichment, and observing animal health and welfare daily.
o Responsible for minor habitat repair and maintenance.
· Once trained, must be knowledgeable and comfortable working with all species in this area on a regular basis.
· Accurately maintains and completes daily records.
· Conducts educational programming and encounters as needed – including both on and offsite programming, scheduled stage chats, unscheduled roaming encounters, and on and offsite media segments.
· Once trained, will be responsible for the training of additional staff and interns under the guidance of the Ambassador Animal Manager.
· Must be willing to work with and under guidance of the Animal Behavior and Wellness Coordinator to ensure Brevard Zoo’s standards of animal wellness are being maintained at all times.
• One year of zoo keeping experience in an AZA accredited facility.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field.
• Must have an excellent understanding of animal behavior, operant conditioning, and experience with public speaking.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Speaks intelligently and diplomatically with co-workers, volunteers and guests.
• Initiates and writes accurate reports and manages assigned projects.
• Ability to follow all Zoo standard operation procedures.
• Must be flexible with schedule, and willing to work nights, weekends, overnight, and holidays.
• Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
• Possess a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Brevard Zoo8225 N Wickham RoadMelbourne, FL 32940Phone: 321-254-9453
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.