AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Guest Experience Intern
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: This is an unpaid position intended to provide training and professional experience to students or other appropriate individuals whose career intent includes hospitality, tourism, and/or Membership/guest/customer service. This internship will provide practical entry-level experience by working directly with the Senior Director of Membership and Guest Experience and the entire Membership and Guest Experience teams to provide support to day to day administration, planning, and special projects.
• Assist the Senior Director of Membership and Guest Experience in the execution and evaluation of Zoo Atlanta’s Quality Service Design plan
• Assist with correspondence, including responding to guest inquiries and comments, travel site comments, and social media comments relating to the visitor experience
• Assist with guest experience interviews and surveys
• Assist with reporting travel site, mystery shop, and survey scores
• Assist with planning/designing annual and ongoing customer service trainings
• Assist with ongoing internal communication supporting Zoo Atlanta’s Quality Service Design plan
• Assist, as appropriate, with the execution of special events and departmental activities
• Design, propose and work on a special project relating to internship and career goals
• Other projects as assigned
• Gain professional hands-on experience in helping Zoo Atlanta create and deliver a guest experience that is fun, interactive, inclusive of our diverse audience and inspires our guest to take conservation action.
• Support Zoo Atlanta’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan
• Enhance the productivity and efficiency in the Guest Experience department
• Provide excellent service to Zoo Atlanta’s visitors
• The chance to further develop professional skills and explore potential careers within zoos
• Gain experience designing, executing and evaluating a quality service program
• A chance to network professionally within one of the world’s most respected zoological and conservation organizations
• A chance to join Zoo Atlanta in its mission of wildlife conservation, education and industry leading research
Qualifications:• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program OR a recent graduate in nonprofit management, social work, or related field
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and provide proof of negative TB test
• Available to intern a minimum of 10 weeks (scheduling can be flexible according to academic schedule and individual needs)
• Available to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects is desired
• Energetic and ready to do a variety of jobs
• Candidates must have outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
• Organizational, research, and editorial skills
• Must be reliable, flexible and work well in a team oriented environment
• Experience with Survey Monkey, MailChimp amd Trip Advisor preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to occasionally work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees and interns to work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Complete Online Application then email Cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The internship you are applying for needs to be in the subject line of the email.
• Cover letter must include:
1. Term for which you are applying
2. Why you are applying for this internship
3. What makes you a good candidate for this internship
4. If you are applying to multiple departments for internships at Zoo Atlanta. If so, please indict your top choice.
• 2 letters of recommendation may be submitted by the applicant or the reference; however, the applicant’s name should appear in the subject line of the email.
• Submit all required documents as one PDF or Microsoft Word file. (Letters of reference being sent directly from the reference are the only exception)
• Complete applications must be submitted by 4:00PM on the day of the application deadline;
• You will need to contact your college/university advisor to determine if our program qualifies for credit at your institution
• We make every effort to support additional projects your advisor requires in order to receive credit and are happy to discuss modifications of our program with your advisor
• Any paperwork, including project terms, evaluations, minimum hours, or any other requirements must be submitted upon acceptance into the program, no later than 2 weeks prior to the term start date.
• No preferential treatment will be granted to interns earning credit over interns not earning credit.
All submitted applications will be reviewed by the Manager of Volunteer Programs. Complete applications from applicants who have followed all directions will be sent onto internship departments for review and potential phone interviews. Applicants who do not follow directions will not be considered for internships.
Zoo AtlantaAtlanta, GA 30315Phone: 14046245822
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.