AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
AZA about the Museum Founded in 1952, the Museum is a non-profit institution dedicated to conservation and research of the Sonoran Desert region while continuing its on-going mission to inspire people to live in harmony with the natural world by fostering love, appreciation, and understanding of the Sonoran Desert. It is a fusion experience zoo, botanical garden, art gallery, natural history museum, aquarium, and research institute.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively and personably present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fair market value, tax deductible amounts, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, typed, texted, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT donor database software; Excel spreadsheets, Word word-processing software, WealthEngine prospect research software, and have knowledge of Internet searches and software.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings for special events.
• Strong editing skills; meticulous grammar and spelling.
• 10-key proficient
• Proficient typist - 75 w.p.m.
• Hospitable, articulate, patient, responsible, good listener, attention to detail, deadline oriented, and follows through on commitments.
• Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, business partners, donors, volunteers, etc.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidence and ethical standards.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional work ethic.
• Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
This position opened on September 23, 2021. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please understand that if offered a position, you will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen as a final condition of employment.
This is a Full-time, Salaried Exempt Status position that is eligible for benefits. Benefits include Employee Assistance Program, ASDM paid life insurance and long-term disability plans. On a shared premium basis: PPO medical insurance with HRA, a choice of two dental plans, an optional vision plan, additional voluntary life insurance, optional short-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with ROTH option. Desert Museum staff also receive ASDM membership, complimentary passes, and discounts for our gift shops, Public Programs & Trips, and Adult Art & Photography Classes.
$38,000-$42,000 per year plus a comprehensive benefit package
Arizona-Sonora Desert MuseumTucson, AZ 85743
Visit our website
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.