AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden
Job Summary: The Program Supervisor is responsible for facilitating educational programming. This position supports Program Managers and the Director of Educational Programs in development, creation, and facilitation of all educational programming, specifically camp including summer and holiday camps. In addition, creation of new programs as well as the revision and expansion of existing programs.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
• Collaborate with Programs Managers and appropriate staff to develop curriculum supporting the appropriate standards, implement, and evaluate new and existing educational programs.
• Teach all programs as assigned.
• Handle ambassador animals.
• Supervisor seasonal part time staff and volunteers for assigned programs.
• Support education program animals Lead Caretaker with husbandry and training efforts.
• Educate the public and drive positive guest experiences within assigned area.
• Model creativity and innovation in program design and facilitation.
• Represent the Zoo at community events.
• Collaborate with other Zoo departments.
• Participate in conservation activities to support Zoo’s mission.
• Foster constructive attitudes and team oriented among staff; positively communicate and collaborate with Zoo personnel and professional colleagues.
• Represent the zoo in a professional manner.
• Create an atmosphere of respect with peers and work as a team.
• Take personal accountability for performing at a high level and completing all assigned tasks in a timely manner, to include meeting all deadlines.
Non-Essential Job Functions
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience Required: Two (2) years of experience working in an educational setting within a zoological or similar institution including one (1) years in a supervisory role.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Biology, or related field.
Certification: Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and completion of OKC Zoo Global Academy training in the first six (6) months of employment.
Other: This position is safety sensitive. It is subject to pre-employment and/or periodic background checks, restricted registry checks, and drug testing. Ability to complete CPR/1st Aid certification within 30 days of hire. This position works around animals susceptible to specific respiratory diseases, thus is subject to annual tuberculosis testing and must vaccinate against Covid19.
Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Garden
*To view detailed job description and be considered for this opportunity, please apply via this site: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/okczoo/.
Please note, only applications received via the above site will be considered.*
First consideration given to applications received by September 16, 2021
Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Garden2000 REMINGTON PLACEOklahoma City, OK 73111Fax: Oklahoma City Zoological
Visit our website
@Oklahoma City Zoolog
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.