AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Supporting the New England Aquarium’s mission and Development Department’s goals, the Manager, Development Communications is responsible for managing strategy and operations for the NEAq’s annual fund and membership programs, building relationships with donors and members, executing direct mail and digital efforts, and communicating knowledgeably about the Aquarium to a wide range of constituencies. As part of the Development team, the Manager, Development Communications plays an integral role in retaining members and building a ladder of engagement designed to grow unrestricted giving. The Manager, Development Communications also serves as the primary contact for mid-level donors. Success in this position will be demonstrated largely, but not solely, through increased revenue and participation and the realization of clear fiscal benchmarks.
This is a full-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, with the option of working remotely for up to two weekdays per week. Must be available for some evening and weekend events.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five years’ experience in fundraising/development in a non-profit setting.
• Demonstrated success in drafting written annual fund or membership appeals, cultivation communications and other development-related communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience creating and managing direct mail and digital marketing campaigns
• Project management experience
• Professional judgment, and decisiveness to inspire confidence among other staff, senior administration, and donors
• Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic, collaborative team and across institutional teams
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge and/or online databases (Luminate Online, Constant Contact, etc.) strongly preferred
• Interest in ocean conservation preferred.
For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/neaq/jobs
*A cover letter is required for this position.
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC.
New England AquariumCentral WharfBoston, MA 02110Phone: 6179735215
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.