AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Aquarium of Niagara
Oversees the administration and management of the Fish and Invertebrate Department, including collection and facilities planning, development of exhibits, educational programming, as well as research and conservation activities. Interacts with counterparts in other institutions regarding acquisitions and dispositions, breeding, and Species Survival Plan activities. Oversees daily husbandry and collection management, life support, and the department’s volunteer and internship program. Responsible for the day-to-day management and career progression of the aquarist staff and provides oversight of all routine duties.
• At least five years of experience with aquatic husbandry in the zoological field
• Three years of experience in a supervisory position at a zoological institution; equivalent experience in a related scientific field will be considered
• Bachelor's degree in biological or aquatic sciences; significant experience in aquarium husbandry may be considered in lieu of a degree
• SCUBA certification required with extensive diving experience
• Must have sound professional knowledge of aquatic, biology, and basic chemistry concepts as well as common fish diseases, water quality, medical treatments related to Aquatic animal health
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include Curator of Fishes & Invertebrates in the subject line of any correspondences.
The Aquarium of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Aquarium of Niagara701 Whirlpool StreetNiagara Falls, NY 14301Phone: 7164214681Fax: Aquarium of Niagara
Visit our website
@Aquarium of Niagara
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.