AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Aquarium of Niagara
Reporting to the Supervisor of Fish and Invertebrates, this position shall provide a supportive role in the operation and function of the Fish and Invertebrates Department, with final authority in such matters remaining with the Director of Animal Care.
This position is responsible for taking an essential role in developing and providing innovative, attractive, educational, and scientifically accurate living and non-living exhibits and displays that both support and reflect the educational goals and mission statement at the Aquarium of Niagara. The Aquarist I primary objective and responsibility is to function in primary and supportive roles in all animal care and husbandry including diet preparation, operant conditioning, enrichment, habitat maintenance, accurate record keeping, and animal observations.
• Preferred: College degree in life sciences or biology, or equivalent years (1-2) of training and experience.
• Relevant experience and progressive growth through hands-on work in aquatic animal care in husbandry, and exhibit development, with emphasis on fresh and marine fishes, invertebrates, amphibians, and reptiles.
• SCUBA certification through an accredited diving agency and documented 10 hours of recreational and/or facility maintenance diving.
• Knowledge of Life Support Systems: sand filtration, protein skimmers, pumps, UV sterilization and ozone.
• Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in public speaking and guest interaction.
• Must be able to work on a team, as well as function individually with little supervision when necessary.
• Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds, work on un-even and slippery surfaces, withstand temperatures of hot and cold, and sit/stand for long periods of time when necessary.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than October 1, 2021. Be sure to include Aquarist I in the subject line of any correspondences.
“The Aquarium of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.”
Aquarium of Niagara 701 Whirlpool StreetNiagara Falls, NY 14301Phone: 7164214681Fax: Aquarium of Niagara
Visit our website
@Aquarium of Niagara
Like us on Facebook
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.